- Take 5-10 minutes at least once a week to take everything out of your car that is not essential to your daily commute.
- Have a small folder/accordion file in your car to hold receipts and paperwork that may accumulate from your daily errands.
- Be sure to have a trash bag in the car.
- Consider removing the manuals from the glove compartment and use that space for other items you use more regularly.
- Have an emergency kit in the car and remember to stock it at least every 6 months. Have supplies for both a roadside emergency (flares, blanket, etc.) as well as any natural disaster (bottled water, food, etc.)
- Contain as many items as possible by using a car organizer or tote in the trunk.
- Store coupons and discount cards in the car so you will have them when you need them.
- Keep baby/hand wipes in the car for quick clean ups.
- Consider an over the seat or visor organizer to contain items such as kids toys and CD’s.
- Have a map in the car just in case your phone/GPS battery dies and you are in need of directions.
- If you keep reusable shopping bags in your car, have a tote for them or way to organize them.
- Consider using an air freshener, as cars can often be a bit stuffy.
- Keep things off the floor. Either take the items out or have a storage container for them so they don’t slide around and cause safety concerns while driving.
Products featured (affiliate links): click for info
Reusable bag organizer: http://www.totebuddy.com